This is step2 that i did to run Warcraft 3 on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8). It need Snow Leopard or below version of Mac OS X with Intel x86 processor in order to install warcraft 3. and then copy installed warcraft 3 to mountain lion. I did the following step:
- Install VMWare (Virtual Machine) Fusion 5.0.1 on Mountain Lion
- Install Snow Leopard with VMWare, you need:
- Snow Leopard DVD Installer
- please refer to : http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-install-os-x-snow-leopard-in-vmware-windows-7-9140301/
- You need to remove firmware=”efi” in the .vmx file
- Install warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos on Snow Leopard
- Install Frozen Throne expansion pack on Snow Leopard
- Install warcraft 3 latest patch from : http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/Mac/
- In my case i use War3TFT_1xx-126a_English.zip
- Zip installed Warcraft 3 from Snow Leopard and copy to Mountain Lion
- Unzip it in the /Applications/ folder of Mountain Lion
- In the mountain lion : Under the /Applications/warcraft3 folder, Right click “The Frozen Throne.app”, then select “Show Package Contents”
- Under the directory “MacOS” double click “The Frozen Throne” to run the game.
- Good Luck and Have Fun!
This is The Result