This is step-by-step to Change Mysql Server Configuration before migrating plastic scm database from MS SQL Server (CE)
- Edit the my.cnf file, normally located in /etc or /etc/mysql in Linux, or the c:\Program Files\MySQL\my.ini file in Windows. Add or edit the lines below.
- The innodb_buffer_pool_size should be around half of the memory of your server machine. This is the most important value. Note that due to a limitation in MySQL, this value should be maximum 4GB (more details here):
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 2G
- innodb_additional_mem_pool_size should be a 5% of the innodb_buffer_pool_size:
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 100M
- Set innodb_log_file_size to 25% of buffer pool size.
innodb_log_file_size = 500M
- innodb_log_buffer_size can be around 2% of the buffer pool size or, at a minimum, 8MB.
innodb_log_buffer_size = 40M
- Also, don’t forget to set the max_allowed_packet to 10MB. This is mandatory for correct Plastic SCM operation:
max_allowed_packet = 10M
- Once these settings are in place, restart the MySQL service.
You install the EPEL repository by downloading the appropriate RPM package for your system and installing it.
wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm sudo rpm -Uvh epel-release-6*.rpm
The Remi repository provides newer versions of the software in the core CentOS and Red Hat repositories. The Remi repository depends on the EPEL repository.
wget http://rpms.famillecollet.com/enterprise/remi-release-6.rpm sudo rpm -Uvh remi-release-6*.rpm